CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sicko Sammy

Wednesday, I was watching Sammy for the day because Lindsey's mom, Daphne, had surgery, and as she normally watches him, I have been getting to keep him lately. It's unfortuante she needed surgery (everything is okay and she is on her way to a smooth and quick recovery!) but I am thankful for the time I am getting to spend with the little man.

However, while watching him, my ever so keen maternal instincts kicked in, and I could tell he was not feeling well. So, first order of business was to call Big Connie. That's a maternal instinct, right? To call your mom? She came home at lunch and confirmed my thoughts by 1st, taking his temperature. (hello, kim? you know where the thermometer is, right?) and yes, he was running a temperature of 102.1. Well, the thermometer said 101.1, but apparently when you take a temp under the armpit, you add one degree. News to me. I guess that is more comfortable for the patient, than up the bum, however. So we called the Dr. and they said to bring him in. Upon hearing this, I of course freaked out, and insisted Big Connie join us for the trip. Not because I am scared of the Dr. (ok, maybe that's 50% of it) but I have never driven a car with a baby as a passenger. And he's not my baby. Watching him at the house is one thing, but getting in a car, to go the Dr., that was too much for me. Plus, the little booger didn't feel good, I didn't need to go into a panic attack to top it all off.

Anyway, we got him to the Dr. and he said all Sammy has is a sore throat, and not to worry, just give him Motrin. (the Dr. prefers Motrin to Tylenol in babies over 4 mo. old) Another lesson for me.

Here are some pictures of him when he is feeling better (and his friend Ashley too.)










2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sick kids are no fun, especially when they aren't your own! He is a cutie. He looks a lot like your brother. Oh, and by the way, your maternal instincts were great! :)

kim said...

thanks, rachel! still working on those maternal instincts!