CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Wow, I need to learn time management skills

So, I keep hearing from people, "when are you going to update your blog?"

Not only am I amazed that I hear this from people other than my mother, I am disappointed with myself for not taking the time to keep up with something that I love doing (telling people the ins and outs of my life like anyone cares, heh!)

Seriously though, I can't believe how occupied and busy I can keep myself while not holding down a full time job. I have a new found respect for stay-at-home mothers! (And I don't mean that in a cynical way, either).

Since I am at home most days (i.e. unemployed), and have been playing nurse-maid to Jack since his surgery (I will blog about this later), there always seems to be a need to run to the grocery store, wal-mart, the gas station, do laundry, dishes, take out the trash, mow the grass, decorate, rearrange furniture, go yard selling, etc. Okay, so maybe those last three are an indication of things I would like to do full time, or as a paid occupation, rather than things I "have to get done" on a daily basis, but either way, I have no idea how I did any of these things while working a 40+hour/week job.

And in case you were wondering about my last blog post, no...the interview did not go as well as planned. Well, I shouldn't say that. The interview itself went well, in my opinion, but the fact that I got no return call/email, as promised, I might have been a little to hopeful. Oh well. My un-employment check is well received each week.

The sad thing is, that since getting laid off, there has only been one job posting anywhere on the internet for a Landscape Architect in GA, and apparently everyone I know applied...as to be expected. And since the hiring company is looking for someone with at least 8 years of experience, even though my resume and credentials are impressive (according to the HR manager), I am not even going to be considered for the position...since there was SO much response to the job.

No shit. Between Brent (former boss/co-worker) we can name at least 25 LA's that got laid off in the last 2 years who are looking for a job. And we can name 6-7 people, that we know of, who applied for this job. So, if you are looking to hire, you are in luck, b/c there is an endless pot of well qualified and skilled people who NEED a job. However, if you are like me, and are one of the many LOOKING for a job...well, see above.

Regardless, I am keeping a positive outlook, looking for ways to make money (watching kids, side-jobs, sewing, etc.) and trying not to stay too worried or anxious about it. There is a plan for me and it is ultimately out of my control, so I am not sweating the small stuff. And when you consider the "small stuff" a steady income, then you must be doing pretty well in the sane department.

Or smoke too much crack.

P.S. (to my Grandparents who read my blog, or at least I think you may occasionally read my blog, I have not, nor ever will, smoke crack...its just a saying among us young "whippersnappers!" And pardon my french)

P.P.S. (more blog posts and pictures to follow...SOON, I promise this time)

0 comments: